June 9, 2011

Little Miss Smarty Pants


Ella's John Hancock
    
    Impressive for a three year old. And sadly, it's probably more legible then Mommy's. We've spent several days this week coloring and after watching her big brother Caleb write his name on his pictures she wanted to be able to do the same. So I wrote her name once for her at the top of the page and instantly she took to it like a duck to water.

    Without any help from moi she was able to write her name all by herself. I wish I could take more credit for teaching her a developmental milestone but really it was all her and that genius brain of hers. Her head measurements from birth have always registered in the 95th percentile which for the first 18 months or so gave a bobble head effect of sorts to her. I always knew she would grow into the head but I could've never guessed at just how smart she would be. The bigger the head the bigger the brain I say.
   
    The art form of writing is almost extinct in this day in age. When I recently came across an old binder full of notes I had taken for a class in college I couldn’t help but marvel at my beautiful handwriting. It was pretty and loopy and most of all legible. Less than a decade later and anything I scrawl on paper is most times indecipherable even to me.

    I'm so proud of her and all of her accomplishments but I can't help but wonder if she shouldn't be learning how to type and generate computer code instead. Given that Ella has aspirations of world domination I'm sure that she'll Facebooking, blogging and twittering any day now. Keep a lookout for @TheWorldIsMine and stay abreast of her quest to rule the world. It's sure to be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment